My Mother always makes this when she makes roast beef. It is the most unique side dish. As much as I love potatoes, I'll always pick Yorkshire pudding to have with roast beef. In fact I'll usually have more of this dish than the roast beef. My Great-Grandmother always made this dish too.
4 tbl roast beef drippings (or can use beef broth)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pour drippings into 10 inch pie plate...tilting pie plate to coat surface.(also lightly spray with non stick spray, before the drippings)
3. In medium bowl, with mixer, beat eggs, milk, flour and salt until batter smooth.
4. Pour into prepared dish and bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
5. Serve immediately with roast beef and gravy.
***For more than 3 people, double this recipe and use an 11 x 8 inch dish.
***You can also use more drippings or broth if you prefer.