These appetizers are very popular, and you can rest assured, there will be none left. I got this recipe from my mother, made a couple changes, and she likes my version better.
3 dozen large mushroom caps
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach
2 scallion finely chopped
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp. basil
1 tbl. grated parmesan cheese
2 tbl butter
salt & pepper to taste
1. Wipe off mushroom caps with damp cloth and place in a greased baking dish.
2. Steam the frozen spinach until it's soft. Place spinach in colander & press out all liquid.
3. Puree spinach in a blender, then add softened cream cheese and blend until smooth.
4. Melt the butter in small frying pan and add the scallions, saute until softened.
5. Add the spinach puree and the spices, stirring till mixed.
6. Stuff the mushroom caps with spinach mixure...sprinkle the tops with the parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until mushroom caps are lightly browned and soft.