This recipe deserves a second look as well as a second helping.
1 pound elbow macaroni
3 tbl extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound mushrooms-quartered
1 clove garlic-minced
1 can (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen spinach (thawed & drained)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + another 1/3 cup
1/4 cup romano cheese + another 1/3 cup
2 tbl butter-softened + another 3 tbl
12 ounces mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta in salted water.
3. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, & garlic and cook
until mushrooms are tender and the onions are golden in color (about 8 minutes).
4. Add tomatoes and spinach, stir to combine and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes)
5. In a small bowl, mix together, the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup each parmesan and romano
6. Spread softened butter in 13 x 9 glass baking dish & sprinkle 1/2 of the breadcrumbs
7. In a large bowl, combine vegetable mix, cooked macaroni, mozzarella, the remaining
parmesan & romano cheeses.
8. Spoon into perpared baking dish. Top with remaining bread crumbs, and cut pieces
of remaining butter.
9. Bake until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes....serves approx 10