This is one of the first things I ever learned to cook, that my Mother or Great Grandmother had anything to do with. I learned it in an 8th grade home economics class. I got an 'A'. I made it for my parents and they loved it. I kept the recipe all this time and still make it occasionally.
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup celery-cut on diagonal
1 tbl vegetable oil
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup drained pineapple chunks (reserving juice)
1. Combine beef, onion, and salt....shape into meatballs.
2. In skillet, brown meatballs and cook celery in oil until tender.
3. Pour off fat, add mushroom soup, 2 teaspoons pineapple juice.
4. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes...stirring occaisionally.
5. Then uncover and cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Serve over rice...serves 4