This is just as satisfying as a casserole with meat. Eggplant is very filling and tastes great in this easy meal.
2 eggplants (about 2 & 1/2 pounds)-cut in 1/2" thick rounds
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 (26 oz) jar favorite pasta sauce
6 ounces mozzarella cheese-shredded
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Prepare 2 & 1/2 qt. baking dish with non stick spray...set aside.
2. On a broiler pan, layer half of the eggplant & brush with 1/2 of the olive oil, sprinkle with half of the salt & pepper.
3. Broil 4 " from broiler heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side until lightly browned and tender. Repeat with the rest of the eggplant, oil, salt & pepper.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in the baking dish. Line with half of the eggplant. Spoon 1 & 1/4 cups of the sauce on top of the eggplant and top with 1 cup of the mozzarella.
5. Repeat layers of remaining eggplant, sauce, and mozzarella.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese...cover casserole with foil **and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
**Before covering baking dish with foil, spray foil with non stick spray to keep cheese from sticking to foil.