Oh my gosh, 2 things I love...chocolate and pumpkin, both in one delicious taste treat...you've got to try it.
1 can (15 oz) solid packed pumpkin
1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup oil, preferably canola
2 tbls dark molasses
2 tsp all spice
3 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 & 1/4 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbls orange juice
1 & 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 (8" x 4") loaf pans.
2. In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, molasses and all spice until blended.
3. In another bowl, place flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
4. Gently sift flour mixture into pumpking mixture. Stir mixtures together until combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Divide mixture between the 2 loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
6. Cool on racks for 30 minutes. Remove from the pans, an cool completely on the racks
7. To make glaze, stir orange juice into confectioners sugar until smooth, drizzle half of glaze over each cake.