My Mother said this dish was traditionally a 'new brides' dish. One that was easy to put together, but would impress the 'mother in law'. All I know, is that I like it.
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 & 1/2 cup cheese sauce- can use Velveta or cheddar cheese soup
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 pkg (10 ounce) frozen broccoli
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1. In 4 tbl hot butter in skillet, over medium heat, saute chicken 10 minutes on each side. Add broth, simmer, covered about 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 12 x8 shallow baking dish.
3. In small saucepan, combine cheese sauce & white wine.
4. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occaisonally. Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes...remove from heat.
5. Cook broccoli as directed and drain.
6. Place broccoli in baking dish, then place chicken on top. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake 15 minutes ot until sauce is bubbly and top is lightly browned.