Some cookies are made to be dunked in ice cold milk. Some are not. The kind that aren't should be like eating candy (in MY opinion) :) These cookies are the latter kind, and have been in our family recipe box a long time.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg, well beaten
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8" square pan with non stick spray.
2. In small saucepan, melt butter. Turn off heat and add brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
3. Stir in egg.
4. Mix together flour and baking powder, then stir into sugar mixture.
5. Stir in vanilla and pecans.
6. Pour into pan and bake 20 minutes.
7. Remove pan to cool. When cool, dust top with sifted confectioner's sugar.
8. Cut in to squares.
HAVE WITH ICE COLD MILK or A CUP OF HOT COFFEE !!