This is a great crowd pleaser...very hearty, all you need is a side salad to go with it.
1 & 1/2 pound of ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup water
1 (16 0z) can tomatoes, undrained & chopped
2 tbl chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz spaghetti
2 oz cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes)
1 (5oz) jar green olives, drained
3/4 cp shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook meat, green pepper, onion, celery, & garlic in large pot, until meat crumbles. Drain well, & return to pot.
2. Stir in soup, water, tomatoes, chili powder, salt & pepper. Bring to boil over medium.
3. Cover, and reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and lighty grease 11x7 baking dish.
5. Cook spaghetti, drain.
6. Stir spaghetti, cheese cubes and olives into meat sauce.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
8. Cover & bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.
9. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup shredded cheese and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.
***This can be prepared ahead-omitting shredded cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours, remove, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover and cook 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the cheese, bake 10 minutes more.