Great for a rib sticking dinner and so easy.
1 box (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts for 2 crust pie-softened
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup onion
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
2 & 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
2 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees...9" glass pie plate
2. In 2 qt. saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cooking 2 minutes, stirring frequently until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
3. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking & stirring until bubbly and thickened.
4. Stir in chicken (or turkey) and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat and spoon into crust. Top with second crust, seal, and flute. Cut slits on top to vent.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden. During last 15 minutes, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent exessice browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.