If you like banana bread, you will absolutely love these.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9 pan.
2. In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, bananas, oil and eggs with a spoon. Stir in flour,
baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt...then spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (use toothpick test). Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with mixer on
medium unitl blended.
5. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar with spoon, scraping bowl as needed, unitl
smooth and spreadable.
6. Spread cooled pastry, then cut into bars..Cut into 24 bars. Store in refrigerator.