This dessert is so easy, yet very impressive...sure to be a pleaser all around.
1 (15 oz) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened per package directions.
2 cups peeled, dices apples or 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbl all purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 jar caramel tooping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees-ungreased cookie sheet
2. Unroll pie crust & place on cutting board. Cut each crust into quarters (making 8 wedges)
3. In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour & cinnamon...mix well.
4. Top half of each wedge with 1/3 cup of apple mixture, fold top over filling. With fork press
edges to seal. Place on baking sheet and cut small slits in top of each pastry.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden in color. Serve warm and drizzle with caramel topping (optional)
*** Great with vanilla ice cream.