This casserole would be great for an evening meal, as well as a great addition to any entertaing buffet. It has all the taste of a crab cake, but none of the mess of making and frying patties.
1 pound of crab cake, picked through
3 eggs, well beaten
1 tbl chopped fresh parsley
3 tbl butter, melted
1 tsp salt
dash of black pepper (or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy)
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tbl finely chop green pepper(or celery)
2 tbl finely chop onion (or scallions)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup breadcrumbs
4 tbl butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom and sides of 2 qt baking dish
2. Combine crabmeat, eggs, parsley, 3 tbl melted butter, salt, pepper, worcestershire, mustard, green pepper, onion, and lemon.
3. In fry pan, melt 4 tbl butter, and add breadcrumbs. Stir just until toasty.
4. Spread half of the breadcrumb mixture on bottom of baking dish.
5. Spoon crab mixture into dish and pat down gently.
6. Sprinkle rest of breadcrumb mixture over top of casserole and bake for 20 minutes or until set.