This is a nice change of pace to regular spaghetti. All you need is a side salad.
1 16 oz pkg vermicelli
1 (2 lb) deli rotissorie chicken
1 tbl butter
1 (8oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 (16 oz) pkg cheese product (ie. Velveta), cut into cubes
1 (10 oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 ground black pepper
1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions...drain and set aside.
2. Remove chicken from bones and cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
3. Melt butter in large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients. Saute 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Add chicken, cheese cubes, and next 4 ingredients to vegetable mixture and cook over low heat unitl cheese is melted and all are combined.
5. Add pasta, and toss to combine, then pour mixture into lightly greased 13 x9 inch baking dish.
6. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 29 minutes, or until bubbly.