Anything with oatmeal in is good for you...right? Well that's what I say and these are really tasty cookies...everyone will want.
1 cup + 2 tbl unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups old fashioned or quick oats
3/4 cup each chocolate chunks and plain M&M s
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter and sugars in a bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla, baking soda and salt until blended.
4. On low speed, beat in flour, a little at a time, to blend.
5. Stir in oats, 1/2 cup each of the chocolate chunks, M&M s and 3/4 cup pecans.
6. Drop heaping tablespoonsful 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Stick the remaining chocolate chunks, M&M s, and pecans into top of cookies.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown, then cool 1 minute on the baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool.
***makes approximately 4 doz