This recipe makes 8 individual pot pies, and is very easy and quick.
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/3 cup flour
dash of pepper
1 (10 & 1/2 oz) can condensed chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen sweet peas
1 (9 oz) pkg frozen baby cut carrots
1 (1 lb 3 oz) can Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 (10 ounce) custard cups or large muffin tins.
2. In large skillet, melt the butter or margarine, stir in flour and pepper.
3. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly unitl smooth and bubbly.
4. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cook until mixute boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Add chicken, onions, mushrooms, peas, and carrots....cook until hot and bubbly.
6. Spoon mixture evenly into 8 greased custard cups.
7. Separate biscuits, press or roll each biscuit into 4 & 1/2 " circle, and place on top of filled cups.
8. Cut slits in biscuit tops and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.