Very tasty, different side dish.
1 refrigerated pie crust
2 tbl butter
1 large onion-chopped
1 container (6.5-8 ounce) soft garlic and herb flavored cream cheese
3 potatoes (approx 1 pound/ about 4 cups) peeled and thin sliced
1 pkg (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach-thawed and squeezed dry
2 cups (8 ounces) shedded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line ( 1/2 " deep dish pie plate with one piece of pie crust.
2. In large skillet, metl butter over med-hi heat. Add onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden and stirring frequently.
3. In large bowl, lightly beat eggs, then whisk in cream cheese.
4. Stir in sauteed onion, potatoes, and spinach & 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
5. Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheddar.
6. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes more or until knife inserted comes out clean and golden on top.
7. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.