This is one of those easy and can't believe they taste so good type of pastry/side dish. These are best served hot with butter, jam, honey, or even with gravy with meat.
2 cups milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease 2 large muffin tins (or 12 custard cups).
2. Break eggs into bowl and beat well.
3. Add the milk, flour, and salt.
4. Beat until just blended.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
6. Place the pan on center rack and bake 30 minutes without opening oven door. Remove, invert pans to remove popovers...serve hot.