The 'thing' with fruitcakes....either you really love them, or you hate them. I think fruitcakes are so full bodied and tasty. I really like them with a little brandy added. These little individual ones are more like candy and great for the holidays.
3 cups coursley chopped pecans (about 10 ounces)
3/4 coursely chopped candied pineapple (4 ounces)
3/4 cup halved candied cherries (6 ounces)
1 & 1/2 cup quartered pitted date (8 ounces)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbl brandy
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange 32 2 inch fluted foil baking cups on an ungreased cookie sheet.
2. Put pecans and fruits in a large bowl, tossing to mix.
3. Sprinkle flour and baking powder over top and mix with hands to coat.
4. In another large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
5. Add fruit mixture and mix with spatula until evenly blended. There will be just enough batter to cover fruit.
6. Fill each cup with a 1/4 cup mixture, stirring often to incorporate batter. Mixure will mound over tops of cups.
7. Bake 35 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
8. Cool on rack, spoon about 1/4 teaspoon brandy over each mini fruitcake.
9. Store in room temperature in covered tin up to 1 month....brandy will a little stronger, the longer it sits stored. Store in airtight tin, with waxed paper between layers.