My Mother found this recipe in a magazine a while ago, and tried it out on my family and I. Well, if I have the recipe now, it must have been really good. It's an interesting twist on tacos, using jumbo pasta shells, because it has the great taste of tacos as well as the satisfying the desire for pasta.
18 jumbo pasta shells (about half of a 12 ounce pkg)
2 tbl butter or margarine-melted
1 & 1/4 pound ground beef
1 (3 ounce) pkg cream cheese with chives-cut in cubes
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 & 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
chopped green onions and parsley
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions...drain & toss with melted butter/margarine
2. Brown ground beef...drain well, stir in cream cheese, chili powder, and salt..simmer 5 minutes
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick spray.
4. Fill shells with beef mixture.
5. Arrange shells in baking dish, spoon taco sauce over shells, cover & bake for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover, top with cheeses, and crushed tortilla chips.
7. Bake for 15 minutes longer, then sprinkle with green onions before serving...serves 6