What a different type and taste of cake. Everyone will be asking, 'what all is in this and can I have the recipe'.
1 can (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 chopped pecans
3/4 cup coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
2. Drain pineapple-reserving juice. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt...set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with mixer on for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, beating until fluffy.
4. Add eggs, beat until smooth.
5. Alternate adding flour mixture and reserved pineapple juice to egg mixture, beating at low speed after each addition, just until combined.
6. Fold in pineapple....spread batter in greased pan.
7. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Sprinkle over batter.
8. Bake 35 minutes or toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.