If my Grandmother had a 'famous for' type of dish, it was this. As a kid, I begged her to make it. It is so good & brings back lots of fond memories whenever I make it.
4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
3 tbl all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbl olive oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced, drained tomatoes
1 pkg (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup white wine
2 tbl tomato paste
12 ounces fettucine-cooked to pkg directions
1. Dust chicken with flour to coat, season with salt & pepper
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium high....add chicken, cook 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate and set aside.
3. Add onion, mushrooms & garlic to skillet. Reduce to medium, cook for 5 minutes...stirring occasionally.
4. Add well drained tomatoes, wine and tomato paste...bring to boil, then add chicken to sauce.
5. Cook on medium low heat, partially covered for 8 minutes until chickens internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
6. Serve over fettucine