Great appetizer to entertain with. Even someone who doesn't think they would like chicken livers will like this. My Mother found this recipe and I just had to have it, because even my liver hating daughter, love it.
2 tbl olive oil
2 tbl butter
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 tbl minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tbls cognac
1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
4 to 5 tbl melted butter
1 tsp cognac
1. Saute the olive oil and 2 tbl butter with the onion and garlic...do not brown, and then add celery.
2. Rinse and trim livers (cut the lobes in 2 pieces and remove the membrane the connects them)
3. Turn up the heat a bit and add the livers, the 3 tbl cognac, and the seasonings.
4. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until livers are cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Melt the remaining butter. Put the cooled liver mix in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth....adding butter as you go.
6. Add the last teaspoon of cognac and process for a few seconds more.
7. Remove from blender and mold into a loaf. Chill overnight. Serve with crackers or toast points.